The tour itinerary is a PRELIMINARY one. Korea Konsult reserves the right to change some parts of the itinerary below if needed. Eventual itinerary changes after the group arrival in the DPRK are beyond our control. Under no circumstances can Korea Konsult be held responsible for any itinerary changes.
| Apr 10 (Fri): Pyongyang
DEPARTURES FROM VLADIVOSTOK, BEIJING AND DANDONG
BY FLIGHT FROM VLADIVOSTOK:
Departure from Vladivostok by Air Koryo flight JS 272 Beijing-Pyongyang at 12.20 pm. Arrival in Pyongyang at 13.00 local time
BY FLIGHT FROM BEIJING:
Departure from Beijing by Air Koryo flight JS 152 Beijing-Pyongyang at 12.00 from TERMINAL 2, Beijing Capital Airport. Arrival in Pyongyang at 15.00 local time
BY TRAIN FROM BEIJING:
April 9: departure by domestic train to Dandong city at 17.27 local time from Beijing Main Railway Station. Overnight on the train.
April 10: arrival in Dandong at 07.22 am. Departure by international train to Pyongyang at 10.00 am. Arrival in Pyongyang at 18.45 local time
BY TRAIN FROM DANDONG:
Departure by international train to Pyongyang at 10.00 am. Arrival in Pyongyang at 18.45 local time
- Tourists arriving by flight from Vladivostok at 1pm: Transfer to Pyongyang - lunch, walk on Ryomyong street - opened in April 2017 it is a new posh district of the capital featuring modern architecture
- Arrival of tourists by flight from Beijing at 3pm
- Fatherland Liberation War Martyrs' Cemetery - built on the occasion of 60th anniversary of the Korean War (1950/53) to commemorate memory of the heroes who sacrificed their lives for the motherland
- Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Museum - unveiled in 2013 by the leader Kim Jong Un after massive renovation this museum explains the origins of the Korean War (1950-53) between South and North. Here you will see the only US ship captured by a foreign country - the spy ship USS Pueblo, as well as American weapons and shot down planes. The museum features amazing displays and excellent dioramas
- Arrivals of remaining tourists by train from Beijing and Dandong at 18.45
- NOTE FOR FLIGHT PASSENGERS TRAVELING FROM BEIJING! Due to peak season the Beijing flight departure time might be changed with very short notice. Therefore we strongly advise you to arrive to Beijing at least one day before your departure to Pyongyang
| Apr 11 (Sat): Pyongyang
- Mansudae Fountain Park - composed of many beautifully designed in shape of dancing women fountains, this park is a place to enjoy jets of water reaching up to 80 meters
- Mansudae Grand Monument - the huge bronze statues of the leaders standing in the center of the composition with two monuments titled "Anti-Japanese Revolutionary Struggle" and "Socialist Construction" on both sides. It was renovated in April 2012 following the passing away of the leader Kim Jong Il and a new statue of Kim Jong Il was added next to Kim Il Sung's
- Chollima Monument - named after a mythical winged horse (Chollima in Korean literally means "thousand-mile horse"). In the period of reconstruction following the Korean War Cholima was the symbol inspiring workers to rebuild their nation at ‘Chollima Speed’
- Juche Tower - at 150 m it is the highest stone monument in the world. Take elevator to the top of the tower to enjoy the magnificent view of Pyongyang (optional, 5 Euro p/p)
- Monument to Workers' Party of Korea - opened in Juche 84 (1995) the monument depicts the hammer, sickle and brush seized by a worker, a farmer and an intellectual. The round belt means the single-hearted unity of the leader, party and people
- Kim Il Sung Square - Pyongyang’s central square where Korea’s massive military parades normally take place. Opened in August Juche 43 (1954) it is the 30th largest square in the world
- Monument to the Three Charters for National Reunification - the monument representing desire of Korean people for reunification. It is shaped in form of two Korean women holding Korean peninsula over the Thongil highway from Pyongyang to DMZ
- Mass Dance - one of the most well known images of North Korea: students of local universities get on the main city's squares and dance dressed in traditional Korean suit
- Kwangbok Supermarket - located at one of the biggest city's street, it is the only place in Pyongyang where visitors can shop in local currency Won and exchange money according to the market exchange rate
- Kaeson Youth Funfair - one of the most popular amusement parks and nightspots in Pyongyang, it was recently renovated. This is a great place to observe local people and take pictures with them
| Apr 12 (Sun): Pyongyang
Pyongyang International Marathon
- Move to Kim Il Sung Stadium where the marathon starts and finishes, and get ready for the Pyongyang International Marathon - is an annual marathon race contested each April. The International Association of Athletics Federation designates the marathon as a bronze-label event and it registers the records of professional runners.
- After Marathon Awarding Ceremony move back to the hotel, take shower and change clothes
- Pyongyang Metro - one of the deepest subways in the world, it was designed to serve as a bomb shelter in case of war. The stations' interiors are stunning with superb lighting and mosaics. This is a great chance to interact with local people and explore several subway stations
- Arch of Triumph - built in 1982 to commemorate President Kim Il Sung’s role in resisting Japanese rule, it is the second tallest triumphal arch in the world. Each of its 25,500 blocks of finely-dressed white granite represents a day of his life up to that point
- Mangyongdae Native House - the birthplace of President Kim Il Sung
- Pyongyang microbrewery and bar - try several types of locally brewed beer and wide variety of international cuisine (at your own expense)
- Farewell dinner at BBQ Duck Restaurant
| Apr 13 (Mon):
DEPARTURES FROM PYONGYANG
BY FLIGHT TO VLADIVOSTOK:
Departure by Air Koryo flight JS 271 Pyongyang-Vladivostok at 08.30 am from Pyongyang Sunan Airport. Arrival in Vladivostok at 11.00 am local time
BY FLIGHT TO BEIJING:
Departure by Air Koryo flight JS 151 Pyongyang-Beijing at 09.00 am from Pyongyang Sunan Airport. Arrive in Beijing at 10.00 am local time
BY TRAIN TO BEIJING:
April 13: departure by international train to Dandong at 10.25 am local time from Pyongyang Railway Station. Arrival in Dandong at 16.23 local time. Departure by domestic train to Beijing at 18.31.Overnight on the train.
April 14: arrival in Beijing Main Railway Station at 08.38 am.
BY TRAIN TO DANDONG:
Departure by international train to Dandong at 10.25 am local time from Pyongyang Railway Station. Arrival in Dandong at 16.23 local time.
- NOTE FOR TRAVELLERS BY FLIGHT TO BEIJING: Please be advised that the flight schedule can be changed with very short notice. It is NOT recommended to book your flight from Beijing to the next destination on the same day. If you still have to leave Beijing on the same day please do not plan to leave before 9 pm.